Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Google security virus???

For the past 3 weeks I haven't been able to access google.com because of some weird virus I have. Anytime I try to access google or any google related site (such as gmail and google checkout), I get taken to page entitled google security. It says that my computer is infected and that I need anti-virus software. I have read on other forums that this is a trick that could potentially download malware and/or a winfixer on to my computer. Does anybody have an idea about what's wrong and what I could do to fix this? Thanks.



Google security virus???matchless



Next time get a Mac. 3 years with a Mac now, and not a single virus, ever.



Google security virus???norton 2008



Google protects itself from automated scripts by asking you to enter a CAPTCHA code if it detects an irregular amount of automated queries sent from your machine. These pages provides only a warning that your PC may be infected with malware, but it never try to sell you any software, it only warns you about an potential infection, it is up to you what you do about your malware problem. If you want to complete the search you started you need to enter the characters in the image presented to you.



If this ''google security'' page isn't hosted on google.com (in other words google.com needs to be the top-level domain) then get away from the page is quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment