Sunday, August 15, 2010

HELP! My computer receives Error 678: The remote computer did not respond.., on my DSL/P

I already tried to reset the winsock and TCP/IP stack, flush the dns. tried static IP, updated the driver of the onboard lan. used a different PCI lan Card. set the NIC to half duplex, lowered the MTU and bitrate. reinstall my Windows XP Pro (SP2). turn off firewall/Internet Security to no avail, my computer cannot get a valid ip adress and keeps on having an APIPA ...im losing hope....and the weird thing is, the same line/modem works on the other computer. any advise will be greatly appreciated.



HELP! My computer receives ''Error 678: The remote computer did not respond..'', on my DSL/PPPoE connectionnorton internet security 2008



the same thing happened to our PC. the technician from the dsl company brought his own laptop and when he connected it to our modem, the connection worked. he said that our PC might have a virus, it turned out that when my husband re-formatted it, the installation was not proper. so, we reformatted it again, and after that the connection worked. i would suggest that you reformat your PC.



HELP! My computer receives ''Error 678: The remote computer did not respond..'', on my DSL/PPPoE connectionspyware removal



If you are using a modem, you can only use one machine. You need a router, this allows the use of multiple machines on the connection. You now need to default all the settings you changed, these are things you really never should touch in normal circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment