Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is it a computer virus?

Ok, so I've got McAfee security center, right?



Anyway, my computer's been going slow lately so I've been running the virus scan thing using McAfee. My computer's been fairly back to normal but every time I scan, the computer keeps ''detecting'' items!



So basically virus glitch things are being put on my computer all the time. How do I stop? Is it because I downloaded a game called SuperTux?



Is it a computer virus?nortan antivirus



I have McAfee.



go to:



1. Start



2. Control Panel



3.Internet Options



4.Delete



Ok, delete Cookies first. Then History. Then Temperory Internet Files. that should delete a lot of unneccessary stuff that won't hurt you. or you can go to control panel and click on Add or Remove Programs. then uninstall any programs you don't need.



if none of this works (.99999% chance) do a system restore



Is it a computer virus?nortonantivirus



Well sometimes virus software can detect things that arent really viruses and if you computer is running slow have you been downloading a lot of things or have a lot of things going on at the same time? If it is a virus then is there a site that you have recently started going to? Or emails with thinigs attached to them? as a test you might want to stop opening email from everyone but one person for one day and if you get a new virus then its them. Also some computers run slow when you virus software updates and scans your computer
Supertux requires alot of storage and your computer may not have enough of that.. By the way.. McAfee uses too much computer space.. i mean come on... virus or virus protector here?!

No comments:

Post a Comment