Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can a liberal arts graduate become a computer systems analyst?

I'm about to graduate with a four-year liberal arts degree from a prestigious university, but I would like to pursue a career in IT. Although I have some experience with Windows, OS X, and Linux, my computer skills are quite limited compared to IT professionals. I believe I would like to eventually become a computer systems analyst or a security expert, and I would like to know how best to break into the field. At the moment I imagine I should get an A+ certification, do some temp work, turn the temp work into a full-time position, and then obtain additional certifications (CCNA, Network+, Security+, etc.) in order to work my way up. In addition, I imagine I should learn at least the basics of programming.



I'm curious how long it would take to achieve my goal and if the path I have sketched out above makes sense to those of you who know the IT field well.



Thanks in advance!



How can a liberal arts graduate become a computer systems analyst?antispyware



going towards CAD will always help.. and you get paid more

No comments:

Post a Comment