Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Router security - Linksys -?

Hi,



is it possible to have two wireless networks from one router? I managed to set a secure one up easily enough and gave it a custom name. As expected I'm also able to pick up numerous other ones with being in a condo. There is one network that I constantly pickup that is not secured and called Linksys (stock name) ...always with the same signal strength as my own. I'm aware that this could easily be my neighbours unsecured network..but I just want to ensure that it isn't a second one that I've unknowingly created resulting in a security risk for my network/computer.



Any advice would be great appreciated.



Thanks! :)



Router security - Linksys -?nortan



One network for one router. Its probably just your neighbors' router thats emitting that other Linksys network.



Router security - Linksys -?noton



No I think you can only have one but who knows it might be yours and there are using your connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment